Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Blood Spatter


So today was our first science experiment. The kids were supposed to create "blood" spatter and make it from varying heights. Then measure the drops and average them out and see how the height makes a difference.

But FIRST we must make the fake blood..... I made the recipe that was in the science book.....


Didn't look anything like any blood I've seen, but we still had to moosh it around in the baggie....yes moosh IS a scientific word in the Toth House of School....


Ya, No, still does not look like real blood....I played with the recipe but it still never quite looked like it. However I was not dedicated enough to cut myself and use the real thing, though I was tempted to poke my finger just to see how it compared....but alas, I did not.


I measured and taped off places on the fridge for them to hold the dropper at. Lined the floor with paper in case any "spatter" got any ideas of going further out and making a mess of my already dirty floor.







Finally when it came to measuring the diameter, Frankie (who was the one doing all the measuring, kept saying .5 inches. The problem was, we could see a noticable difference in sizes from the different heights, so we got into an argument about how to measure the diameter and in true homeschool fashion, I told him they can finish and remeasure when their father got home.....I am listening to them out there now and am guessing he wished he had just listened to me the first time.....Some lessons are just never learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment